Sunday, February 14, 2010
50 Malaysia National Heritage
In conjunction with the country's 50th Merdeka Celebration, 50 things have been chosen as a national heritage that all the peoples of Malaysia should be aware. The 50 things consists of 18 buildings, 20 objects and 12 cultural practices. The buildings listed include the Parliament House, Sultan Abdul Samad Building and the National Mosque. The objects include the national flag, the hibiscus flower and The Royal Long Keris. The cultural practices include the lion dance, the Malay Joget and Ngajat.
These national heritage were chosen by the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage of Malaysia. With this, Malaysia now joins countries such as Britain, USA, Germany, France and Australia in having legislation to protect their heritage.
1. Parliament House - Members of Parliament who were elected by the people meet here.
2. Istana Negara - The National Palace
3. Flagpost - The Flagpost at Dataran Merdeka where the Malaya flag was raised for the first time.
4. Sultan Abdul Samad Building - The Moorish architecture historical building built in 1897.
5. City Hall building and City Hall Theatre
6. Kuala Lumpur train station building - The Moorish architecture building.
7. Keretapi Tanah Melayu headquarters building - The Moorish architecture building built in 1910.
8. General post Office building, Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur
9. Public Works Department building, Jalan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur
10. Residency building, Jalan Dato' Onn
11. National Mosque
12. Carcosa Sri Negara
13. Batu Caves
14. St George's Church Penang
15. Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall building, Kuala Lumpur
16. The National Monument - Built to remember soldiers who gave their lives in defending the country.
17. Kinabalu National Park, Sabah - The park at the foothill of Mount Kinalabu, the highest mountain in South East Asia.
18. Mulu National Park, Sarawak
19. Jalur Gemilang - The National Flag of Malaysia
20. National Emblem
21. Royal Regalia
22. The Royal Long Keris
23. Royal Head-dress
24. Royal Tiara
25. Royal Waist Buckle
26. Royal Short Keris
27. Royal Necklace
28. Sceptre of Religion
29. Sceptre of the World
31. Dewan Rakyat mace
32. Dewan Negara mace
33. Hibiscus flower
34. Sejarah Melayu manuscript
35. Malacca Penal Code
36. Hikayat Hang Tuah manuscript
37. The Merdeka Proclamation letter
38. Perak Man
39. National Anthem
40. Mak Yong41. Wayang Kulit
43. Malay Joget
44. Dondang Sayang
45. Malay Silat
49. Malaysia Open House
50. Lion dance on poles
Posted by ByZoom at 12:08 AM